Friday, July 30, 2010

Home will always be home


I have been home for a month. The first 2 weeks was rather tough as I tried to adjust to life at home after being away for 3 years. It was not easy adjusting but thank God that He helped me to ease back into life at home. Although I am adjusted, life is still not the same. Malaysia has changed and so have I in the past 3 years. That being said, nothing has stopped me from enjoying at home.

I am grateful for the opportunity to visit my extended family in Tawau, KK and Labuan.
A few highlights from the trip:

- Throughout my 2 week stay, I was showered with an abundance of love and care! I felt like royalty! As I struggled with homesickness (homesick for my life and friends in Canada), God showed me that I STILL do have a community of family and friends here who love me lots. Though things have changed, nothing has changed their steadfast love and care for me. For that I am very grateful.

- I was given the opportunity by my high school teachers to share my high school and university experiences as well as my journey and life experiences in Canada with the Form 3 and Form 5 students at my former high school. It was such a blessing to be able to share with them my story. I also really treasured the time I was able to spent with my teachers. They were all so overjoyed to see me again. My teachers took me out for lunch, shared with me their joys and struggles of teaching and they continued to shower their love towards me even though I have moved on to finish my tertiary education.

Pn. Lim, Pn. Chan and Mrs. Tay. They taught me while I was studying in St. Anne's.

- I thoroughly enjoyed the fellowship that I had with my extended family in Tawau, KK and Labuan. I also enjoyed sharing with them my experiences living in Canada for 3 years. These are the people who have seen me grow since I was 10 years old until today. In a way, they are like family to me. I know that I can always turn to them for guidance, support, and prayers.


My Bible Knowledge teacher, Aunty Ping Ching, with her BK students from 2002-2009.

------


My family and I took a family vacation to Penang for 3 days recently. I really enjoyed the fellowship and bonding time we had as a family. I especially enjoyed spending time with my family be it in the car, while we were eating or while we were shopping. I know my mom and dad had been planning for this trip for a while now so I hope that they had enjoyed themselves.


"We should love one another" 1 John 3:11
------

Life has been good and I know that it will continue to be so. I have limited time but still so many more people to catch up with! I trust that I will somehow be able to schedule everyone in before I fly back to Canada.


"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Psalm 139:13-14

No comments: