Saturday, March 20, 2010

Surprise Party

I had a group of friends who gave me a really nice birthday surprise party today!
What wonderful friends I have. I was really, really surprised and was very touched by their effort in putting the surprise party together. Elisabeth made a chocolate raspberry torte (right?), cheesecake and scones and we also had 2 kinds of tea. And then, my friends bought me at least 6 kinds of tea! (:

As I was riding the bus after the party, I realized just how loved and blessed I am! I have amazing friends in Victoria who love me unconditionally and today, they have shown me love. I truly appreciated their kindness, generosity and love. This among many other events, have testified to me that indeed, God had a purpose for me to come to Victoria. I know for sure that I graduate, not only with a degree and head knowledge, but also with the full assurance that I have a big community who love me unconditionally and that they have each impacted my life for the better.

Knowing just how influential my community has been and continues to be, it will be SUPER hard to say goodbye to Victoria (or BC in general) in June. Part of me wants to continue school, not because I love homework, but because I want to stay here longer as I have a solid community. But I know that God has a bigger plan for me and for that, I will have to uproot and move. Yet I know that even though I am saying goodbye to good old Victoria and BC, the people I've met will always be in my heart and no matter how far apart we will be, they will always be in my heart.

As I sit on the bench at UVic's bus loop and as students walk around, chatting, I am reminded of how much UVic means to me. I hope to one day return to UVic. How, When, and What for - I don't know - but that's okay. (: I do have memories to carry me on. Maybe that's how my dad and mom go on with life in Malaysia after returning home from Canada. They have fond (and not too fond) memories of BC and ON that forever changed their lives.

So my friends, thank you for all you have done. Not only friends in Canada, but friends in Malaysia and all around the world. The little things you have done for me go a long way and I cherish each one of you.

No comments: