Monday, February 15, 2010

I've been occupied. With what eh?

No, my blog is not dead. I just have been well, occupied. You'd think that with all the time in the world, I'd have time to spare. No. That's not the case. But I believe that soon this will be remedied. Once the Olympics is over ;)

My weekly schedule is filled with Bible Studies, Bible study prep sessions, meeting up with students, reading (both leisure & educational read), and for the next two weeks, Olympics :) I've come to conclusion that there's some Canadian blood in me. Hah! It's a good thing that I will for sure be in Canada for another year or so. Don't get me wrong though, I am still proud to be a Malaysian and will in no way give up my Malaysian citizenship and I will stand strongly for my country.
I guess I will always, always have a heart for both countries. Yay! :) It's a win-win situation.

A little of my thoughts since the Winter Olympics started on Friday:
I am so thankful to be given the opportunity to come to Canada for my studies. I am definitely living in a very blessed and prosperous country (Now I understand why my parents fell in love with Canada). Canada is a great country and I want to soak in as much experiences as possible before my time is up.
Seeing Canadians cheer and root for their athletes during the Olympics have stirred a myriad of emotions in me. It's rather comical to see a Malaysian rooting for Canadians but hey, if you've been living in a country for a long time, you'd feel as patriotic as a Canadian citizen ;)
Anyways, my main train of thoughts basically is, I'm proud and grateful to be living in BC! It is after all, the best place on earth ;)

No comments: