Thursday, January 14, 2010

Memories of Hamilton

I am back home in Victoria (where it's beautiful but warm!) and am slowly adjusting back to BC time and recovering from exhaustion and travel excitement. For example, I took Christine's house keys with me back to BC! The lady at the post office laughed and joked around with me when I went up to her and said I needed to mail the keys! Before I left, she said, "Next time don't forget to leave the keys behind and not bring them with you!" Haha! Good times.

Hamilton has been good. I had a wonderful 11 days with Christine and her housemates. Some highlights of my trip:

1. My Dog Joe cafe: Christine and I sat, drank tea/coffee, and read in the warmth of the cafe while the snow fell gently outside.

2. Trip to Toronto: we ended up not exploring more of downtown Toronto because it was so windy and snowy that day. But, we did get warm in a coffee shop - sat, read, drank coffee while watching the snow fall and people walking outside.

3. Tea shopping and tea tasting with Christine: we sat, tasted 5 kinds of tea, snacked, wrote letters and chatted as the snow fell outside :) Hmmmm...

4. Ice skating on Lake Ontario: I got to skate thrice with Melody! It was really nice having the opportunity to skate on a frozen lake. I also found that I have better balance on the ice :P

5. Downtown Hamilton: Christine and I explored a little and got cheese ;) We came home and had cheese and crackers and tea for lunch! Yummy!

6. Avatar! Christine and I went to watch Avatar with Dave and Eric. We wanted to watch it in 3D but tickets were sold out by the time we got there! :(

7. Bean Bar: Christine took me out for a nice dinner at Bean Bar. We had ribs and sweet potato fries and 2 HUGE pieces of cake! Heavenly... Then we walked to the grocery store and home because we were so full and needed to digest the food :P

8. Movie watching, nap times and lots of introvert time. I appreciate the abundance of quality time with Christine :) I can't wait for more when she comes over in the summer.

9. Tour of McMaster University.

10. Snow! ;)

Good times :)
Thank you Christine and house for such a wonderful time! I will always treasure the times I had in Hamilton and I look forward to visiting again :)

5 comments:

Christine said...

yay i loved having you here!

RacHeLLe Low said...

:) If you do end up being a staff in Hamilton, I'll come visit again.

Samantha said...

Yay to you! Cause you watched Avatar already! Awesome ain't it?

Unknown said...

Yeah - awesome! Too bad the 3D tickets were sold out :( But I think I'm gonna see it in 3D with 2 other friends in Victoria :D WOot!

Samantha said...

Yeap, my friends said 3D's even awesome :) Here they have so many 3D tickets. Hehe :)